QHSSE Officer(Full time)
- Location: Oostende
As a 360° player in the offshore wind industry, Parkwind is one of Europe’s leading companies in the field of developing, financing, constructing and operating offshore wind farms. Today our company operates 552MW in the Belgian territorial waters (Belwind, Northwind and Nobelwind) and has a pipeline of approximately 800MW offshore in Belgium (Northwester 2), Ireland (Oriel) and Germany (Arcadis Ost). Being a pioneer in the offshore industry, Parkwind grew strongly over the past decade and is ambitious to grow internationally within the renewable sector. The current shareholders of Parkwind are Colruyt Group, Korys NV (the investment holding of the Colruyt family) and the Flemish investment fund PMV.
To reinforce our team in Ostend, we are looking for a QHSSE Officer. You will be part of the QHSSE team, supporting the Operations & Maintenance organization working on all wind parks managed by Parkwind. Within the team your main responsibility is to ensure operations in a safe and reliable way.
- “Hands-on” approach in identification and elimination of risks associated with off shore wind park activities;
- Facilitate root-cause investigations of incidents and near misses;
- Advise on and support implementation of effective mitigating actions;
- Assist in the HSSE aspects of ongoing O&M operations.
- Influence improvement of QHSSE performance of contractors;
- Develop instructions and training material for training and development of employees and contractors;
- Improve emergency response procedures, facilitate exercises and ensure proper training;
- Document and improve operational and logistical work flows and supporting ERP-systems;
- Develop, improve and ensure document control on operational procedures and manuals;
- Administrate QHSSE related documentation.
You will report to the Team lead QHSSE.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a technical discipline, with preferably three to five years of relevant experience;
- You have a degree of safety officer level 2 (“Preventie Adviseur Niveau 2”), or the strong ambition to acquire it;
- You have experience in an operational environment, preferably maintenance and/or working with contractors;
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is a must, written as well as spoken;
- You have a pragmatic, though systematic approach. Your work is accurate and methodical;
- You are observant, critical, firm and objective and have communication skills adapted to an international environment;
- You are passionate about renewable energy and you like the maritime environment;
- Based in Oostende and willing to work occasionally from Leuven (HQ).
- A challenging function with a lot of responsibilities and variety;
- Training & Development opportunities both on a technical level as well as a personal level to develop your competencies;
- An attractive remuneration based on your skills and achievements and an interesting package of extra legal benefits (including group insurance, hospitalization insurance, 13 RWT (ADV) days,…).